Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Genuine Apologies

Let's face it - apologies are a dime a dozen, but most of them are insincere and self-serving. So when real people with power face their faults with thoughtfulness, it's worth highlighting:
  • Jason Alexander writes an apology for calling cricket a "gay sport"So, I can only apologize and I do. In comedy, timing is everything. And when a group of people are still fighting so hard for understanding, acceptance, dignity and essential rights – the time for some kinds of laughs has not yet come. I hope my realization brings some comfort.
  • Mark Cuban apologizes for making a homophobic jokeI guess what I am doing is admitting that at some level I am prejudiced and that I recognize that I am .  There are a lot of things in my life that I need to improve at. This is one of them. Sometimes I make stupid throw away comments that I quickly realize are wrong. It doesn’t happen often, but it happens. It was a mistake and I realized it. I learned from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment