Saturday, November 24, 2012

Favorite Videos Of The Week

This week I've got some pretty random things, but they're all well worth watching. In this first one, Alicia Keys gives a soulful rendition of the Gummi Bears theme song on the Jimmy Fallon show. It's amazing how long it takes before she cracks. It took a while before I even realized she wasn't singing another R&B song. 


An oldie but goodie - Christopher Walken in Pennies From Heaven, an old-school burlesque musical. The sequence is called "Let's Misbehave", and features a really young Christopher Walken as tempter. I've never seen this movie, but I think I should!


So I didn't really care about the AMAs other than PSY's performance with MC Hammer. But that was kind of underwhelming compared to P!nk's performance, which was incredible. This first video is the original music video for her song "Try", and the second one is the AMA performance. It's a really unusual video, in that the focus is on the dance, and the dance actually tells a story. It's also visually disturbing, and turbulent. Amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment