Monday, August 13, 2012

The Updated Punchcard App Is Way Easier To Use

Ok, is it just me, or does Punchcard kind of suck at social media?

Evidence:


I only saw cursory references to the new features on the updated Punchcard app, and no detailed explanations in the official blog. It seems like basic common sense to tell your users what your new features are, across all your social media channels. 

Well, in case you're wondering, here's what's new in the Punchcard app:
  • You no longer have to be at your location in order to scan your receipt. If you're out of range of the store where you have a receipt, then you can just do a search for the zip code and the name, and snap a picture of the receipt that way.
  • Did I mention you can search for locations?
  • Each individual punch now shows you exactly how much you spent each time, down to the penny. 
  • You now have an "inbox" in which you are informed if your punch has been approved or not. If it hasn't been approved, you'll be shown a reason why.
An interesting item of note:

I actually made a lot of purchases over the past two weeks at different stores, and scanned those receipts in with no problem. However, I also returned items from those scanned receipts to the stores as well. Logistically, I don't think there's any way for, say, Target to coordinate with Punchcard to dock me the money I've saved by returning an item. It doesn't matter anyway, though, because I still end up spending that money at the same store. Punching away!

No comments:

Post a Comment