Sunday, April 22, 2012

My New Favorite App: Pocket






I originally downloaded Read It Later, which has now become Pocket, several months earlier, but I hadn't really figured out how to use it. Now that it's been rebranded, I took another look, and I love what I see.

I use Google Reader as my primary mode of web consumption, so what ends up happening is that I bookmark a lot of stuff to "read later". But then I never do.

Pocket's great, because I have the bookmarklet installed on all my browsers, and in my phone. I would love for it to be integrated with the Kindle, but it's only available for the Kindle Fire. What's great is that I can use the app on my phone for offline reading, which means less drainage on my phone. It also strips useless ads from the articles, and formats them for ideal viewing, which means that reading articles is a pleasure, instead of a headache.

I used it to pick and bookmark articles from the following collections:

You can also import content from your Delicious or Instapaper account. I haven't really explored all you can do with it yet, like tagging or favoriting, but I'm content with just having a place to read stuff I meant to and had forgotten about.

No comments:

Post a Comment