Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Calabasas Farmers Market Favorites

I try to go to the Calabasas Farmers Market every Saturday with my daughter. I love getting her fruit samples, and trying out new foods. Lately, I've discovered a few things that I intend to purchase regularly. 
  • Mills + Company Meats makes delicious homemade charcuterie. I tried to sample everything while I was there, and I was partial to the chicken liver mousse (and I HATE liver), and pork pate. They also have a housemade mustard, as well as pickled fruits and veggies. Every week they run a special, and unfortunately last week I missed out on the pork rillete. I picked up a pork pate jar for $10, which is a few bucks cheaper than what you can get for it online at goodeggs.com
  • Cappy's Dry Rub is a delicious spice mixture that we use on our grilled meats. It works well on anything - chicken, beef, or pork. There are three blends - original, hot, or salt-free. The salt-free one works really well, because it allows you to control the amount of salt. Last week I saw that they also had a blend that was created specifically for fruits and vegetables. It tasted awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment